Friday, March 2, 2012

Teaching My First Lighting Class!

A month or so ago I got a call from one of my friends Tiffany Hix who is an amazing child photographer in Boise. She asked me if I would participate in a benefit for one of our other photography friends Jayme Montoya who is an awesome Boudoir photographer from Boise. I said I would love to and what would you like me to do. Tiffany asked if I would help put on a lighting class. My first thought was,"They want me to help with a lighting class? Oh, yeah Craig Lamere/Moz Studios resident bad ass!"  My chest got big, my head started to swell, I could feel the ego rapidly inflating! Oh yeah it was on! Then, about a second after my first thought, my second thought overtook it like a shark eating one of those little seals you see on wild kingdom, "Dummy you have never taught a lighting class, what the hell are you thinking!" Quickly my ego trip was burst by reality; pride turned to fear, confidence turned to fright and then I did what anyone with less brains than a monkey would do and said, "Yes, no problem. What day is it." I talk to Tiffany about the details, hung up the phone and immediately had to poop.

Tomorrow is the big day and I'm really pretty excited and to be very honest I'm mega ultra scarred! I'll let you all know how the event goes; good or bad! No matter what happens the event and it's purpose is awesome. I've been so blessed in my life to have been helped every step of the way by incredible people! Time to do some pay back!  Everyone have a sweet weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment