Friday, March 9, 2012

Stuck in 1988!!!!

One of the things I never get used to as a High School Senior photographer is shooting a Senior kid and realizing I went to High School with their parents! In all honesty it shocks me cause I always think when I find out, "How can ______ have a kid that old, they are my age!" Then I remember just how old I really am and sobering reality that I'm getting closer and closer to being half a century old hits me like a ton of bricks. I have to say that moment really is one of the only times I ever feel my age! One of the cool things about being extremely immature and having the worst case of Peter Pan syndrome in the world is that you really do live in a place that has long since gone away. For me, the place I live and where my reality resides is somewhere between 1983 to 1991.

The late 80's and early 90's take a beating sometimes for the fashion and the music of the times. To me the 80's rocked for music and fashion. The 80's gave us Van Halen, The Cure, W.A.S.P., Depeche Mode, AC/DC, Ice-T, NWA, White Snake, Public Enemy, Michael Jackson, Pat Benatar, Rush, Judas Priest, Run DMC, Metallica and Prince name just a few! In all honesty, when Purple Rain the movie came out I thought Prince was the coolest Mother F'er on the planet! Cool motor bike, sweet jackets with giant built-in shoulder pads, cool man heel boots, he was the lead singer in a bad ass band and the best part, he got Appollona as a girlfriend! Prince you were the man!! I digress.....

So, for today's post I am posting some images of some High School kids who parents were just High School kids themselves, at least in my mind, just the other day!








1 comment:

  1. Craig:

    I live that daily with teaching high school kids - when they're now born AFTER I graduated from high school.

    But to quote Marcel Marceau (badly) "the alternative to aging is death." So I'll take getting older.

    Hugs!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete