Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My first time on "Framed"

Ok, so I'm kinda jumping around on my blog, highlighting some of the things that have happened to me in the past year or so that I feel have been way significant to me and my photography progression. So today I bring you my first "Framed" experience.

The Framed Show is a program for anyone who has an interest in photography. It doesn't matter if you are a wedding photographer, senior photographer, family photographer or even boudoir photographer, there is something on the program for everyone, it's really pretty sweet! So one day I saw a post on their Facebook page that they were looking for Boise photographers to participate in their challenge. Since I was a Pocatello portrait photographer and not a Boise portrait photographer I was not sure I would qualify for the program, but I thought F-it and sent my stuff in anyway.

Some time had past and I had not heard anything so I assumed I had not been chosen for the program. Then one saturday night about 11pm I got an e-mail from Framed saying they would like me to participate! I was so excited and then I was so scarred! If you have ever been at a swimming pool with a really high platform and looked at the people jumping off and thought, "that looks cool" and then taken yourself to the top of the platform and looked down and realized the thought of jumping was a lot better at the bottom than it is right now? Well, for me getting the e-mail was like that! Shit! I really got what I wished for!

A week or so later I was in Boise for the challenge with four other photographers, Sara and Dylan from Sara K Byrne Photography and Jerry and Jennifer from 02 photography. We found out our challenge was to do a commercial shoot for a gun manufacturer. The shoot was at a welding place in Boise! The location was cool, the product was cool, my model was cool and the shoot was way cool. I was way happy with how the images and the whole experience turned out!

For me the best part of my Framed experience was the affirmation that I really am doing what I love and what I'm suppose to be doing with my life and my talents. So THANK YOU Framed for giving me an awesome opportunity!

Here are some of the shots from the challenge and if you want to see the challenge the link is at the bottom!










Check out the other awesome photographers who did the challenge with me and check out Framed!

http://www.framedshow.com/archives/2072

http://www.sarakbyrne.com/

http://o2photography.com/index2.php?v=v1

http://www.framedshow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment